Monday, July 14, 2014

Well, I don`t have a ton to write today.
Monday Hermana Weller and I thought it would be funny to get onto a
random bus and go wherever it took us…(keep in mind our area is GIANT,
and takes a good 2 hours to leave the limits.) We thought it was a
great plan, but we ended up about 25 minutes from Chivay in some
abandoned town with literally nothing but a Catholic church, and a
bull fighting ring…made for some pretty creative videos. Truth be
told…it was a little snooze and Cruz.
Tuesday we went to Arequipa…received the news about my flight home
from President, and then we had a little meeting with Hermana and
President Zobrist about a Sister`s conference that we`re planning for
August.  Then we all went to TGIFridays with our zone leaders for
dinner.  So good! A little break from Peruvian food is sometimes
necessary.
Wednesday we had a zone conference with our zone, and then went to the
mission office to get a few things done.  Fun to see your faces mommy,
Chandler and Cas! Ha.
Thursday we got back to our area, and back to work.  We had a really
cool lesson with Brenda and her friend Carla.  Both told us they
wanted to be baptized at the end of the month, right now we`re working
with both of them for this goal.
Saturday night we “taught the relief society how to make pancakes”…we
actually just made pancakes while 2 women in the ward sat and chatted,
and then ate pancakes and went home. Haha.
Yesterday Victor blessed the sacrament for the first time, and totally
nailed it! We were so proud of him. I love seeing the progress of
recent coverts. It`s so awesome! We also had two of our less actives
that we`re teaching come to church.  Also…last night we went and made
pancakes again with one of the elder`s investigators. (You would be
shocked at how much they LOVE pancakes here. I think I`m pancaked out
for the next year or so.)
Things are going well…just working, loving the people, and enjoying
every moment.  I`m so very grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost in
this time in my mission, and my life…I have felt him teach me, touch
me, comfort me, and testify through the words I speak.  I know that
our loving Father in Heaven sent us this gift for exactly these
reasons. I encourage you all to study this week about this gift from
God, and learn how the spirit works in you.
Love you all!
Have a great week!

 
Off to Ichupampa.


  Beautiful Arequipa!
 Bull fight
Lovely finds in ichupampa

No comments:

Post a Comment