Monday, July 28, 2014

All the good, bad, happy, sad, spiritual lovely missionary work.

Familia!

First off…Happy independence day to this beloved country…Land of the free, home of the brave? Tal vez…love you Perù! Haha.

This week was probably one of the most difficult I can remember…seems like that happens as my time here draws to a close, but boy am I grateful for hard weeks on the mission!  I have learned more in these last 3 months of my mission about the Atonement than the last 20 years of my life.  I thank Heavenly Father for trials each day, because I know that without them I would never fully understand the absolute JOY that this beautiful gospel brings… “God be thanks for the matchless gift of His divine son.”

This week we were in Arequipa for a few days. Sunday night we went so we could be there for a Pday with our zone, and then we got home on Monday night.  On Tuesday we had to go back for a few things, our bus broke down on the way in the middle of the Peruvian dessert, we hitch-hiked 2 hours to Arequipa, and finally got there.  Wednesday we bought tickets to leave back to Chivay at 10:45am, and then left with the mission chauffeur (our best friend) to run a few errands for the mission, and got stuck in traffic on the way back to the terminal, and missed our bus. Haha. We finally made it back to Chivay Wednesday night.

Thursday I was sick…again. I think I’ve been sick more in Chivay than my whole life. Satan loves to put obstacles in our way…let me tell you.

Friday-Sunday was filled with good old missionary work…all the good, bad, happy, sad, spiritual lovely missionary work.

Yesterday God gave me the wonderful blessing of speaking for my last time in church.  I was reminded multiple times of the power of my sacred calling, and am so beyond grateful for this opportunity I have to be a missionary. I spoke on the talk by Elder Scott from April Conference called “I have given you an example.” He teaches us of the importance of sincere love when we share the gospel.  One part I love says, “God’s purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.” That is fundamental to all we do. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in things that we find fascinating or become so consumed by mundane responsibilities that we lose sight of God’s objectives. As you consistently focus your life on the most basic principles, you will gain an understanding of what you are to do, and you will produce more fruit for the Lord and more happiness for yourself.”

I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I love so much my Father in Heaven for sending His only begotten son that we, His imperfect children could learn, grow, and return to Him again.

  Off to Arequipa…round 2.


 
A Little bit lost.
 
Birthday pancakes for Elder Jacobson.

  BBQ chicken pizza with Victor!

Of course I lose. Happy Day Perù.

No comments:

Post a Comment