Monday, May 26, 2014

Feelings of Happiness Overcame Me

First off, Happy Birthday to Grammy tomorrow, Jonah today, and Aunt Cassy this week. May is such a birthday month for us!

This week was SO amazing. One of the best I have had yet. I have put some goals each transfer so I can make the most of my mission, and this transfer I am trying something new everyday, and making my mission a spiritual adventure. Well, this week we rocked it on the goals. Spiritual adventure would be an understatement. Man, I love this place.

So every morning we have been doing this crazy workout program (Gotta get in shape, am I right?) And exercising seriously just starts the day off the all the energy ya need. I love it! Plus, last week was transfers, and we got President Monson's body guards SON up here. He is awesome. He`s working us into the ground. Every day after our work out we go up the main road and get our quinoa and sandwiches.

We have been working a TON this week with a man named Victor. He`s the one that owns "Hot Stone Pizza". (Perfect, right?) Haha. He is so awesome. He came with us to church on Sunday, and all the new elders thought he was a member. He was sitting there taking notes in sacrament meeting, and singing like a champ. It was so cool.

This Sunday was probably my favorite that I have had in my entire mission. As we were taking the sacrament yesterday, I really tried to focus on the Atonement, and how the Lord sacrificed so much, so that I could be clean each week, and each day when I repent with a sincere heart.  I sat there pondering about what the Atonement means to me, and if I truly understand it. I am proud to say that I don`t. Why? Because it gives me the opportunity to learn more! I am come to love studying the scriptures, and the words of the prophets, and I know that when I read them the Holy Ghost is teaching me. As I sat in sacrament meeting, I had an urge to cry, and laugh, and yell, and smile, and every emotion good was just exploding from inside of me. I can`t even begin to explain the feelings of happiness that overcame me completely. I quickly pulled out a notebook and started writing down everything I felt so I wouldn't forget it.

I want you all to know that this gospel, this church of Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to find happiness in this life. I know that with everything I have, and I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, that God lives. We CANNOT find the eternal joy that God has prepared for us by searching in any other place.  The world will do everything to tell you other wise, but I know with every bone in my body that the happiness that the gospel brings is the best in the world.

This week I got a phone call from a family that I worked with a TON in Tacna telling me that they went and got sealed as a family in Lima last week. I almost cried as I thought about the ordinances we do in the temple, and how we truly can be sealed together for all eternity. That is why I am here. To help others realize that, and the power of the priesthood that we have here on earth once again.

I love you all! Have a great memorial day!


 Peruvian sunset
  was doing great on the diet until I was offered a piece of tres leches cake…and finished it


 
The twins school dance recital. Huge hit!


 
Surrounded by our english class students. Love them!

 Hot Stone Pizza
 
Peruvian security system. Nobodys gonna be climbing over those walls.

District Chivay

No comments:

Post a Comment