Monday, May 19, 2014

Keep the branch of Chivay in your prayers.

Family!!

First off, Happy birthday to little Colton this week. I can`t believe he`ll be a teenager on Wednesday. He`ll be the favorite teenager cause he`s so obedient. Miss that little guy.

Well...This week Hermana Weller and I got sick, so two of the days this week we were quarantined to our rooms.  Funny how just a couple days inside can make you SO excited to go outside and work. Maybe it was just what we needed.

On Tuesday it was Elder Mayletts birthday so for his birthday...(of course) we planned a surprise party that turned out to be a HUGE hit and was bigger than any ward activity we have had yet. There were 3 members (nailed it) and 13 investigators. It was awesome! Birthdays are a pretty big deal here in Peru, so even though we planned it like 2 hours before it started and ran around town inviting everyone we knew, every single person showed up. It was so great!

This week we received a LOT of blessings and some pretty incredible miracles.  Remember Brenda? Shes 14, and one of the investigators that we have been working with here for the last month or so.  Well, this week we taught her the restoration, and gave her a Book of Mormon. We invited her to read it, and told her to pray to know if it was true, and that we would be back the next day to check up on her. We brought her to church yesterday, and then last night went over to see how her reading and prayers went. She told us, "I want to get baptized this week. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that is needed for us to understand Bible completely.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that he translated the Book of Mormon. This is the church of Jesus Christ. Baptism is just the beginning for me. I am so ready to change." AH! Hermana Weller and I were literally almost in tears. We have been praying so hard for that girl, and the Lord has just blessed us so much.  I know that the Lord is teaching her through the Holy Ghost, and that we are only instruments in His hands to bring her children to the knowledge of the truth.

We had transfers yesterday, and we are both staying here, which means i`ll probably be finishing up my mission here. I`m so excited. I absolutely thrilled to be here in Chivay doing this work with a people who are SO prepared to hear the gospel. I love my mission. It means everything in the world to me. This week as I was laying on my deathbed (just kidding mom I`m totttttallllllly fine.) I realized how little time I have left, and how important it is that I gave every ounce of myself these last 12 weeks of my mission.

Love you all! Have a wonderful week. Keep our branch of Chivay in your prayers.



































No comments:

Post a Comment