Monday, April 28, 2014

The doctrine is perfect.

Wow. What a week. I could probably start every letter that way. So much happens here.

Well...firstly. We started an English class this week. My entire mission I have taught English classes. In my first area we had about 5 people, and that's pretty much how it goes. Thursday afternoon we had 60 kids between the ages of 8 and 12. It was hilarious! We taught them "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and then for the rest of the week had little kids running up to us in the street yelling "Teachers! Teachers!" We also had 50 kids show up to our movie night. We are on fire with activities this week.

We did an awesome activity on Saturday in the plaza where we brought a bunch of the "My family" books, a camera, and a portable camera printer and took pictures and printed them out and explained to everyone how they could get started on their family history work. It ended up being a really cool activity that helped us as missionaries understand a little more about family history work as well. I have received multiple promptings on my mission that I need to start doing family history when I get home...and I am so excited!

As the weeks have gone by, I have realized more and more WHY I am here in Chivay. As a missionary in Arequipa I had gotten myself into a kind of routine. I woke up everyday, ate breakfast, studied, and headed out with my companion to teach. My Father is Heaven knows me perfectly. He knew that maybe I wasn't being pushed enough.  My life after the mission will not be easy, I know that for sure.  I am only being prepared for what is to come. The diligence that I have learned this week will shape me into the daughter of God that I need to become.

The gospel is perfect. The doctrine that we teach is perfect. This church is the church of Jesus Christ. We visited yesterday with a sister and her husband who have 3 daughters. All three have been baptized, but her and her husband couldn't because they weren't married. They pretty much had based their testimonies on the missionaries that first taught them, so when they left the couple stopped coming to church, and would just send their daughters. Yesterday we sat and talked with them and explained to them the truthfulness of the doctrine and the message we share. Missionaries come and go....a lot changes in the church, but the perfect doctrine of Jesus Christ is what makes this church true. I know that without a doubt in my mind.

Love you all!

 
Oh…surprise! Bought myself a new camera this week…
  A lady in our ward raises hamsters…to eat. YUM!
 
children in our English class love us…bouquets of flowers for the teachers!

  English class….60 students!


  Just a little chocolate. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
  Branch Primary President
  "My family” activity…Family History



Just a little morning yoga.. comin at ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment