Monday, May 5, 2014

God Led Us to Chosen People..

Family!!

Okay...this week was the best that we have had up here in Chivay. It was awesome. God truly came through, and helped us out more than maybe we even deserved. We put all we could into the work, and received countless blessings for our efforts.

We found a family who is SO ready to hear the gospel.  They have two kids, and their daughter is incredible! She and her brother came with us to church on Sunday...(And thanks to my AWESOME Primary class I`m pretty sure he`ll be coming back.) Ha. We`re also still working with the family with the daughter who are members and working with them to get married. (I attached a picture of their family and their cute little twin girls.) God has led us to some chosen people this last week, and I am so happy to be teaching those who need to gospel so much right now.  I don`t doubt for even a moment that the things we teach are true. I love being a missionary!

Yesterday, at church when we sang the opening hymn. We had 4 of the 6 missionaries and one investigator in the congregation. It was definitely like nothing I had ever experienced before. By the end of the 3 hours we had 29 people there...which is the most they have had up here in the last 3 months. Just a little idea of how the church works here.

The work here is hastening. And we as missionaries are growing. My mission is not easy, I can promise you that...but it is worth it. I have been told by many that the last few months of your mission are the best, and most important. I am excited to work as hard as I can until the very end. I know that the Lord will bless me, my companion and our area as we give all of our heart, might, mind and strength to this amazing work.

I love you all! Can`t wait to see you on SUNDAY! Have a lovely week :)







 
A little companionship haircut time.

 
Family night with our cute investigators Asunta, and Santos


 
Got some cool headbands with bows in them. 2 soles…you can’t resist.

 
Carli after a 14 month backpacking trip through PerĂ¹. We laughed pretty hard at this one.
 
After the buffet…the chocolate cake was so good I couldnt resist! SO FULL!


 
found some nice alpaca if anyone is hungry. Welcome to the grocery store…Peru style.

  Fast Sunday…we couldn’t help but go to the tourist buffet. WORTH IT!  

No comments:

Post a Comment