Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Plan of the Church

Wow. Time is flying by, I don´t feel like I have much to say because I feel like I just wrote you all a letter.  Things here in Paucarpata are going well. We are going through a little bit of a baptism drought, but as I´m sure you all know, mission success isn´t based on baptisms. We continue to have wonderful experiences each week, and I am continuing the grow and learn more about this beautiful gospel of Jesus Christ.

So...yesterday we left our house running around to recover all our investigators to come to church, and when we got to church we had missed the sacrament. I almost cried. I have truly come to love and appreciate more than ever before the sacrament in my life. Think about it like this. Imagine that you have a white shirt, and you have to wear that shirt everyday...Monday through Saturday. When Sunday rolls around, that shirt is about ready to be washed, but if you don´t wash it on Sunday, how is it going to look on Monday? Or a better question, how is it going to look when you wash it the next Sunday? God has given us the opportunity to wash ourselves clean each Sunday...don't miss your chance.

I have been studying a lot about the restoration this week, and I feel SO lucky for the knowledge that I have about this gospel. We are the church of Jesus Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There is a talk that I would love for you all to read or watch this week if you get a chance by Elder Tad R. Callister called "The plan of the church"...I actually am not completely sure whats it´s called in English, but I am going to attach the talk so you can read it. It´s amazing. It talks about the organization of the church and how it is the same organization that Christ established. He cross references with some scriptures from the Bible to explain how the church was organized when Christ was on the earth. It really is amazing.

The Plan of the Church

I´m sorry I didn't write that much. I had a lot written before, but it all got erased. Boo!

Hope you are all happy, healthy and doing well. Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment