Monday, March 17, 2014

1 YEAR

This week was tough, I am learning a lot of patience...with myself.  The Lord is testing me, and teaching me that I need to learn even more. I am focusing on the atonement this week in my studies. I have come to realize that I will never fully understand the atonement of Jesus Christ, and His sacrifice for us, but we, as children of God, have the ability to understand it to the extent that is necessary.

I got my third parasite this week! I´m on fire! This time I don´t know how I got it since I´m only eating with my pension, and I never eat in the street, but, luckily for me...we live in a Pharmacy. Literally...we have two doors in our room...one to outside, and one to the Pharmacy, so the lovely doctor ladies helped me, I rested for a few hours, and we were back to work the next afternoon.

This week I learned a lot about promises, and sacrifice.  And I am grateful for each and every sacrifice I have had to make in my life, because from great sacrifices come great rewards.  Remember when you feel alone, when you doubt the abilities that you have, or the love that your Father in Heaven has for you...that He will always be a God of promises. That when you put YOUR part is when you will see the results. I have learned that asking, and asking, and asking won´t get me very far if I don´t promise to make sacrifices as well. I like to think in examples, and I have been thinking a lot this week about how this could be put into a childish example for my little brain to comprehend. Still working on it.

We are teaching a woman named Maria right now with her two kids. Shes a single mother who found the church online, and requested for missionaries to visit her, and here we are. The first day that we went to visit her we were making a return appointment, and she was begging us to return the next day. I know that God prepares people, and I feel like she truly is prepared. She is SO not how I expected her to be when we called her to set up an appointment, but she is awesome. She gave me a leather jacket last week. Haha. She´s kind of a partier...so we are working on calming that down this week as we teach the commandments. Haha. Just want to throw in a little info about Maria so if I take pictures with her, or when she gets baptized that you will have a little background info about how we met her and stuff.

We are having a sister in our zone from Mexico make Tacos for us today....and it will be my first taco in 1 year. I CAN´T WAIT.

Love you all.








No comments:

Post a Comment