Monday, March 10, 2014

Priesthood blessings and prayer.

Okay...

So...I absolutely LOVE my companion. She is probably one of my favorites of my whole mission. We just joke around with each other all day long, and laugh, and tease each other. She´s hysterical. Last night we were laying in bed half asleep and she says..."Hna Stone...I need to tell you something, but....promise you wont get mad, or be offended?" I sat up and was like..."No...what happened? What did I do?" And she just starts dying laughing and says..."I just wanted to tell you I love you!" HAHAHHAA. We laid there laughing at each other for like 3 minutes.

Wait...now that I read that story it really isn't that funny. Oh man...I´m going to be so weird when I get home. Well...anyway, I love my companion. And also last night...the most fun thing happened! So...one of the sisters in our sister training group had to go to the airport for her Visa in Lima, so we took her to the airport and stayed with her companion last night, but when we got there a super cute sister that got here last week comes up to me and says..."Okay...I totally know you! You don´t know me, but I know you. Your moms friend, Rachel Johnson, is in my ward, and she gave me your blog and I was reading all your emails before I left for my mission. You are so funny! I hope we can be companions!" I just sat there hugging her and laughing and crying of happiness. I was so embarrassed that people actually read these emails, but I felt so good knowing that SOMEONE thinks I´m funny...and she wants to be my companion!! YES!

So...this week I was super sick again. HOLLA! I got some sort of throat infection...and it lasted Wednesday until today I´m feeling a ton better. I got a priesthood blessing, and prayed for the faith that my blessing would be fulfilled. I heard the other day from a missionary, and I loved it, that when we receive priesthood blessings that they come directly from our Father in Heaven, and what we SHOULD do is pray to have the faith sufficient for the blessing to be fulfilled. I´m feeling better now though...I took some crazy Peruvian pills that healed me. Ha.

This week we were teaching a lesson and I was sitting in the lesson basically dying because I was so sick. My head was pounding and I couldn't breathe and my poor companion was teaching the entire lesson cause my eyes were glazed over, and I was sitting there praying for help to just feel the spirit so I could know what to say. I prayed and prayed and prayed and the only thing that came into my mind was..."Talk...just talk. Sit up straight, and talk." I sat up straight in my chair...leaned forward and started speaking. I honestly have NO idea what I said, but I just talked and talked until I had nothing else come into my mind. My companion looks over at me with her jaw dropped, and the woman and her son had tears in their eyes.  I have a testimony so strong of the gift of tongues.  I feel so lucky to be able to serve in a place where I don´t speak the language...for experiences like this.

Have a lovely week! I´m off to hike to a sketchy waterfall....pictures to come next week.

Love you all!

Found pinkbery last week in the mall. BEST DAY EVER! Couldn't be happier!




No comments:

Post a Comment