Monday, March 3, 2014

God lives. I know it.

This week was super crazy! Let me try to explain a little bit this transfer for you all. Imagine living in Kona for 6 months, and the next day moving to San Fransico. That´s how I have felt this last week. Adjusting has been pretty tough, but I am super excited to be here in Arequipa. I´m right in the city! I´m loving the traffic, car horns, millions of taxis and buses, yelling people, fireworks. This city is such a blast! All week I was just trying to get to know my area, the ward, our investigators, the less actives, so I can get to work here with my new companion. She finishes in 2 transfers so I think I will probably end up killing her...and the next sister that comes in will probably end up killing me. Ha.

Yesterday was a wonderful fast and testimony meeting. The first Sunday of the month has become my favorite here on the mission. I have learned to love fasting. I never realized the power that fasting has, and the miracles that can come from a humble heart, and a desire to trust completely in the Savior. Faith for me has always seemed like something simple that everyone has, but I have learned that unfortunately that is not the case. Faith takes a lot more than just believing...and I pray each day to have more faith in the Lord knowing that only He can bring the miracles I have seen in my mission.

We had an interesting experience the other day teaching. We went to visit a less active sister who married a guy who isn't a member and we ended up talking to him in his door way for a minute. He looks at me and says, "Can I ask you a question?" I responded and told him yes. He said, "If you found out right now that God didn't exist...what would you do?"...........he started to repeat the question when I didn't respond thinking I couldn't understand. Ha. The moment he asked me that question I started praying with everything I had in me that the Lord could help me respond to his question, and that it would be His words, and not mine. I looked at him and said, "Well...I am going to be honest with you. I have never even imagined a world without God. I don´t have one doubt in my mind that He exists. I truly cannot tell you, because I know that He lives. I know that He always answers my prayers, and that I would NEVER be where I am today without a loving Father in Heaven." He looked at me and said..."You don´t even have a small doubt that he doesn't exist?" I smiled at him and said...."God lives. I know it, and I know that you know it." It was such a cool experience....especially knowing that I was not talking, but that the Lord was using me as an instrument in His hands. What a blessing it is to be a full time missionary!

I love you all!! Have a wonderful week :)


Last week we did a skit about the Book of Mormon for all the institute students in Tacna and I was one of the mothers of the 2000 stripling warriors...our stake president asked 3 companionships, and we were super lucky to be able to participate. Luckily for you all, the stake president had it professionally recorded, and I will be getting a copy here in the next few weeks to bring home. It will be hysterical.
This is a picture I took as we were leaving Tacna last week. Who would have thought I would love the desert so much. Haha.

This is my new companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment