Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Obedience brings blessings!

Wow. Where do I even start? This week was great!

First of all...Remember our wonderful Edison? Yeah...so he called this week saying he had to work with his dad in another city, and he was SO sorry, but he asked if we could plan everything for his baptism next Saturday. MIRACLE!

Then...we had another reference from a family in our ward who came to church last Sunday, and he asked if we could visit him...and he turned out to be the most amazing investigator I have had in my entire mission. When we taught the Restoration he cried and said..."Wow. I have found what I have been searching for my whole life...I`m sorry I`m crying right now but I just feel so good...I can`t even describe how happy I am right now." The next day we taught him the Plan of Salvation, and half way through the lesson I asked him if we understood or had any questions and he said..."No. It`s perfect. It makes so much sense. I don`t have one doubt." We challenged him to be baptized this week, and he said..."I would love too. You told me my answer would come as a feeling, and I have that feeling...I`m ready." We were both practically in tears. I promise you that obedience brings blessings.

Also...I am so awkward. Yesterday in sacrament meeting I was playing the piano, and after the announcements I started playing the sacrament hymn. I did my little introduction (like normal) and then when I finished I started the song over again...(like normal) and started singing in English along with the music as I was playing (like normal)....but NORMALLY everyone else is singing too...and I was about one line into the song when I realized that NOBODY was singing and EVERYBODY was looking at me. I stopped playing and looked silently at everyone....(I felt like I was in some sort of movie)...the sister directing looks at me laughing and says..."You`re playing the wrong song." HAHAHAHAH. It was so uncomfortable for everyone. I looked at the little number board, and down at my hymn book and started busting up laughing...(which pretty much gave everyone else permission to laugh too) so we were all dying of laughter...and there went the beautiful spirit of the sacrament.

Man...I know I say this every week, but I just love my mission so much. I could be a missionary forever. This is the most amazing time in my entire life, and never have I felt the spirit so strongly, and the love of my heavenly father so deeply in all my life.

Remember who you are and the potential you have.

Con mucho amor,

Sister Carli Stone

Ps. My pensionista made me Kraft mac and cheese yesterday. Could she BE any cooler?

The other picture is from our ward activity on Friday. We have 17 investigators there...SUCCESS!



No comments:

Post a Comment