Monday, September 30, 2013

Don't forget the pizza..

Hello my lovely family!
Well...I´m in Arequipa again. I got fired as sister training leader. Haha. Just kidding...The first P day of every month all the sisters training leaders and zone leaders come to the mission home for a leadership conference. I am so happy to be back here in Arequipa even if it´s only for a few days. And I am writing this email from the computer in the mission presidents office...talk about WEIRD. Haha. But my trainer Sister Chavez is here and I almost cried when I saw her. She is the sweetest!

This weeks email is going to be all over the place. It was a hilarious/quick/spiritual week in Para Chico!

Firstly...today we traveled in a bus at 5am from Tacna to Arequipa, and they were playing movies the whole way. Listening to Remember the Titans in Spanish was the highlight...then I woke up from my nap JUST in time to see the tsumani part of the movie "The Impossible". It was definitely not as good as the six zone leaders cheering when Remember the Titans started in our little first class cabin. Never traveled so comfortably in my life. Our seats were these huge recliners. BLESSING! P.s...nobody will understand or think this is funny except Chandler, but Chan...two words that came to my mind during remember the titans...Schoolwork soccer. HAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry you´re all confused, but you can ask chandler about that. Some of the best moments of our lives. Miss you Chan!

Anyway...We didn't have a baptism this week, but we found some amazing sisters that are the sweetest. (One of them has red hair...like...Carli Stone red...and everyone thinks shes white, but shes from Peru.) We had the most incredible lesson with them and invited them both to be baptized and they said, (after 2 asistencias)..."We know your church is true because we have never felt so peaceful...we want to get baptized as soon as we can". HOLY MOLY RIGHT? I was so happy I didn't even know what to say and my Spanish was ALL over the place. I had English words coming out of no where and I was just laughing of JOY!

Next...let me tell about our ward mission leader. He is a convert of 1 year, and is preparing to go on a mission...(I´m praying he gets sent to Roseville, CA) But seriously...Ricsto is 18 and probably the strangest most hilarious and awkward boy on the planet and we love him so much. He has a extremely weird obsession with bagpipes, and his eyes water, and he makes this girly high pitched screaming noise whenever he hears music with bagbipes. HAHAHA. Yeah...he also came to our house at 10pm last Monday (on his bike in the freezing cold) and fixed our shower.

Next thing. We had divisions this week with HERMANA KAHLE! It was so fun to see her, and see how she is working in her mission. She is so sweet, and we had a blast...even if it was only for 24 hours and I had to evaluate her. Ha

Oh...okay this is hysterical. So...our bishop is the best and always talks about how he is going to order pizza for us one day that we have ward counsel. We didn't believe him, so we were walking by his house the other day and pulled out a sticky note and wrote "Bishop...don´t forget the pizza tonight for the sister missionaries". and signed our mission leaders name...then we stuck it on the door...rang the doorbell and ran away. Well...that night at ward counsel the bishop said, "Sisters...I just ordered a pizza. It should be here any minute, but you should know that I have cameras outside my dentist office and saw you running away after you rang my doorbell." HAHA. It was hilarious. He was dying laughing.

Anyway...This week was so awesome with our sweet investigators who are going to get baptized this week. I am seriously loving my area, and loving working with the sisters in Tacna! Hope all is well at home.

OH....PS...KITTY CARTER! Thank you thank you THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the package. I looked so popular getting a package full of yummy treats...I have pictures of my excitement. I was laughing so hard reading all your cards. I LOVE AND MISS YOU CARTER FAMILY!








No comments:

Post a Comment