Monday, September 2, 2013

Cow On a Leash

Hello my lovely family! 
What a fun labor day you guys had. I always love going up to Tahoe and enjoying the lovely things there.  Speaking of LABOR! Congrats to my piano duet partner, roommate and the lovely Caitlin Anderson Solari on her BABY boy! Ah! I got the pictures and wanted to cry. He is so beautiful.

Nextly, MOM turns 30 this week! Wooo! Sad I'm missing it, but I know that dad will spoil you like he always does...so I don´t need to worry that you won't feel the love.

This week the word got out that Hermana Stone likes cake and I was given...well...a lot of cake this week. Yet some how I have lost a bunch of weight this week too. Sorry. I won't talk more about the food. That's all. Oh wait...no. It's not. Yesterday we got invited to a member's house with the Elders for a birthday dinner and when they brought out the plate it had pig, potatoes, and lettuce. As missionaries we can't eat the pig or the lettuce so the zone leaders had to call the mission president and ask permission. It was hilarious though. Our faces must have looked pretty funny when they set down our food. We all looked at each other like, "Uhh. What do we do?" The pig was delicious though.

A few days ago we were teaching a lesson and my companion asked me to share an experience where I had a prayer answered, and I talked about when I decided to go on a mission. It was the first time that I had shared that experience in Spanish and it was SO cool. I feel like, most of the time, I feel the spirit stronger than the people I´m teaching. It was a really cool experience.  

I have seen some pretty weird things here lately. Yesterday I saw a little boy walking a cow on a leash, a family casually walking down the street with their pet lamb, and the weirdest of all...I am not joking here...I saw a clown driving a car with a bunch of little kids in it. WHAT IN THE WORLD?! As if I wasn't already scared of clowns.  

This week I have been studying the talk, "A Consecrated Missionary" everyday in my personal study for 15 minutes, and I have learned so much. One story that Elder Callister shares is about Parley P. Pratt and the missions that he served.  Parley P. Pratt served for over 25 years, most of the time out of the country, and when he returned home from Chile, Brigham Young asked him to leave his family AGAIN and serve for a few more years.  Parley P. Pratt responded and said, "If it is the will of God that I should spend my days in proclaiming this Gospel and bearing testimony of these things, I shall think myself highly privileged and honored...when the spirit of God is upon me, I think it matters but very little what I suffer, what I sacrificed...or where I die, if it so be that I can keep the faith, fight the good fight, and finish my course with Joy. I have all eternity before me in which to enjoy myself." WOW! I truly hope that I can have that attitude about my mission, be a consecrated missionary, and not worry about anything but the work of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment