Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Little Taste of Home: Peanut butter, RAP and Buttermilk Syrup


Well...it´s Pday again! And I have some stories that seem hilarious (at least to me) ...unfortunately they may not be very funny to you. 

Firstly...This week Sister Zobrist (my Mission Presidents wife) invited me and my companion and the other companionship of sisters to lunch at the mission home. The food we had was INCREDIBLE...and we had chocolate ice cream with chocolate Hershey syrup for dessert. Sister Jacobson and I (she's from Utah) spent the whole luncheon admiring the carpet in the mission home...they don´t have it anywhere else.  Yesterday was Sister Zobrists birthday so my companion and I called her and sang happy birthday...I think it freaked her out a little bit...so I didn´t continue with the Stone family birthday song when we finished. Maybe she didn't want to be reminded it was her birthday. :0

We also had a ward activity this week. It started at 6:30....and guess what time it actually started? Yes...8:40!!! This is classic Peru. Since we are in the ward with the zone leaders they called President and asked for permission for us to stay a little bit later cause it started so late. ..but it was HYSTERICAL! The YSA did a skit, and in a nutshell it was about a a young kid who got into drugs and stole all his dads money to buy illegal drugs...and then he ended up ruining his life and living on the street...but the fact that they were playing super bad rap music every time he went to buy drugs and the Bishop was laughing was probably my favorite part. I don't even think he understood any of the words of the song.  Our ward here is so awesome though...the members help a ton with the missionary work, I hope you guys are giving the missionaries in the ward references. :)

Also...we had FHE with a family in the ward last Monday and guess what we had for dessert....PANCAKES AND BUTTERMILK SYRUP! (A family favorite)  I don´t even want to picture what I looked like eating the buttermilk syrup...but I imagine I looked something like Kendall does when she eats buttermilk syrup cause the Sister asked if I wanted to take some home in a CUP...HOW EMBARRASSING. It´s okay...don´t worry I didn´t say yes. Sheesh! 

So...on Saturday we went on visits with the Primary president. She is probably 60 years old, and this woman can work!!! Holy Moly! We went to visit someone in the middle of NOwhere and we had to climb what felt like Mt Everest to get to their house...and she was moving faster than we were! But it was so awesome cause when we were climbing I was thinking..."Okay...what the heck. Where are we going...this is hard...I don´t want to climb this mountain!¨" But as soon as we got to the top it was the most BEAUTIFUL peaceful place with an incredible view...And it made me think of what I had studied that morning about trials.  We all have them...and even though they may be different...and some may be harder than others...everyone is facing something hard, but if we can just keep going, and keep hiking when we get to the end it is going to be wonderful and beautiful. Heavenly Father understands...I promise he understands...and he doesn´t give us trials that we can´t handle. There is a lesson that we need to learn from every trial that we face...be humble, and let the Lord teach us something new. This concept  I have come to understand so well on my mission.

A quote that I love from President Utchdorf says, "You´re are not alone in this journey.  Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, he hears you.  When you rejoice in righteousness, he rejoices with you.  When you are beset with trials, he grieves with you."  Remember that you are not alone! 

Love you all so much! 
Until next week.
Hermana Stone







oh this is too classic....

my companion gave me a full on foot massage and said "its like jesus..." as she washed my feet.
how great is she?? hahaha 

also....my zone leader gave me PEANUT BUTTER this week....i haven´t been that happy in...at least a week. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment