Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Vacation!!!


Hello! Hello! Yes, I'm alive. Sorry about the heart attack! I had "vacations" this week. I’ll explain about that later. Firstly and most importantly...

LUCIA WAS BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! Last Tuesday our zone leaders came with us to talk to her and make sure she wanted to get baptized.  We aren’t supposed to teach together with the elders so we left and went to visit a member real fast to use their bathroom (classic Hermana Chavez) and then when we got back one of the elders was sitting outside her house reading his scriptures and we were like..."Hey...where’s your companion? Why are you alone?" and he was like..."Well, she’s ready for baptism so my companion is interviewing her right now." Well, she passed! Hermana Chavez and I cried. J Her baptism was on Saturday and it was the sweetest thing in the world. My companion and I sang "When I am Baptized" in Spanish for her because they never have musical numbers or anything at their baptisms. So they were all shocked. Anyway, that was the biggest highlight of the week.


Next...my vacation. This is hysterical. So, Saturday night I was on the phone with my zone leader talking about the confirmation the next day for our baptism and he says, "Oh! Sister Stone, you have vacations tomorrow! You are going to Lima for your visa!" So, Sunday afternoon after church, my zone leaders drove me to the airport with a few others (including Hermana Dahl, who I love) and we flew to Lima and stayed at a hotel. The next morning drove to immigration where we spent ALL day...but I am legal now. I have a card and everything. Last night we were supposed to come home and of course, what happens? Our flight gets canceled...so 11 missionaries were just waiting in the Lima airport last night. Haha. We called the personal assistant of the president and he told us what to do and where to go. They got us new tickets and another night in the hotel and we went BACK to where we were for the night. It felt like a college road trip gone wrong or something. It was quite the adventure. BUT...we made it back. 2 pieces of pizza, 2 Mcflurries, 4 donuts, a piece of cake, crème brule, and lots more food later...I’m back in my area. I had to get all the American food while I could. We were pretty stoked about the food thing.


Anyway, that’s why I am writing today. Besides the baptism of Lucia this week was just filled to the brim with WORK. And I loved it! Being in Lima and not working for 3 days was so much harder than I thought! I’m so happy to be back and ready to get to work. I am loving my time here in the mission! It gets better with each day…and my Spanish is really starting to get better. Unfortunately, I miss you guys like CRAZY but I know that is part of it. That is one of the biggest trials for me on my mission.

Enjoy my pictures. Lucia is ADORABLE...love her to death.


The other picture is from Lima, and the other is a picture of my zone. They are so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment