Monday, June 16, 2014

work until He stops me....

Alright...happy birthday shout outs to my Cami cam tomorrow! 21 baby! Wish I could be there. And grandma on Saturday...turning 21 too! Wish I could be there. Hahaha. Just kidding grams.



Well...This week started with Hermana Weller saying, “I feel like nothing exciting or crazy ever happens to us up here anymore…” AND…what do you think happened? Yes. It was the craziest week of probably my entire mission. Classic!



First off…Victor got baptized on Saturday!! Our first baptism here in Chivay... It was awesome. He got baptized in the hot springs at 6:30 am.  We were all bundled up and freezing, and extremely tired from everything that happened the night before, but it was so worth it! During the baptism there were 3 kids swimming around…we had to ask them nicely not to splash while we were doing the baptism. Haha.  After his baptism we all went back to his restaurant for breakfast and made egg and hot dog sandwiches…welcome to Peru people!



Friday was the craziest day of my whole mission.  For right now I can`t really tell you all what happened on Friday night for a few reasons, but maybe I will tell you when I get home. It was insane. BEFORE the craziness we had the funnest game night ever! It was such a cool activity.  Sister Weller and I planned and prepared a bunch of “minute to win it” games and everyone loved it.  We also almost won the ward ping pong tournament…almost.



Yesterday I got to give a talk in church about repentance and the forgiveness that our loving Father in Heaven has for us when we go to Him with a sincere heart and true desires to change.  I found something in Preach my Gospel the other day when I was studying that says, “Bringing our lives in line with God`s will through repentance is the central purpose of our lives.”  Amazing huh? The CENTRAL PURPOSE of our life is to repent.  I shared the story of Alma the younger in Alma 36 as well.  I love in verse 21 it says, “Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains.  Yea, and again I say unto you my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.”  Don`t get stuck in sin, but remember that you have a merciful Father in Heaven who forgives.



I love the light in the eyes of someone who changes their life, and I ABSOLUTELY love the work I am doing. "I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach all I know, and work until He stops me"



Love you all! Have a beautiful week in sunny California!

Oh. PS. We play Ghana today in the world cup...USA!!!
  Off to Yanque!


  Cant get enough alpaca. YUM!
  Ping pong tournament
  Long story. One day you`ll hear it all.
 
First baptism  baby!
 
Got a special little package this week from Erik Valerio. Happy Carli!

  Preparing for our game night



No comments:

Post a Comment