Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Familia!

This week truly flew by.  I can`t really remember what happened. Haha welcome to the mission!

This week we did a lot of service, which has ended up being a GREAT way to meet new people, and strengthen relationships with people we already know.  We cleaned stores, organized day care centers, and shucked about 150 pieces of dried corn.

We also went to Arequipa this week which was incredible.  We got to stay with “Grandma and Grandpa” at the mission home, and had some good bonding time with them.  On Friday we had an amazing multi-zone mission conference…my last one.  It was so good! President Zobrist taught us about the importance of tithing and the sacrament.  We made a goal as a mission to be at Sacrament meeting 15 minutes early (which worked out great this week, because the missionaries were the only ones, and we planned a special musical number in 10 minutes. Haha)  The assistants taught us about fear, and love.  They taught us that when we have fear, the spirit is gone.  When will a missionary EVER have success without the spirit? We have to trust in God. (I`m sure this is funny hearing from me…) Have you ever thought about how God feels when we have fear?  He will NEVER make us suffer anything that weren't completely necessary for our Salvation in the end.

This weekend when we got home from Arequipa one of the investigators here that has been assisting church for the last 3 years finally got baptized! She never could before because she wasn't married. After her baptism we got back and the plaza was PACKED with people.  Happy 189th anniversary Caylloma!  It was hilarious.  My companion and I got a picture with Mickey Mouse, a bunch of passed out drunken people, and pretended to sing the National Anthem of our beloved Peru.

Saturday night the relief society got together and made pizza.  It was great! I got a ton of marriage advice, and got my hair braided too. I love these women so much!

It was indeed an eventful week.  Time is flying by uncontrollably. Last night I had a little melt down in the middle of the street realizing how little time I have left, and that I`m going to have to leave all this behind shortly.  I love this work more than I ever thought I would.  My life has forever been changed.  “I am engaged in my Master`s business; I am a minister of Jehovah to proclaim His will to the nations.  I go to unlock the door of life to a mighty nation, to publish to millions the principles of life, light and truth, intelligence and salvation, to burst their fetters, liberate the oppressed, reclaim the wandering, correct their views, improve their morals, save them from degradation, ruin, and misery, and lead them to light, life, truth and celestial glory.” –John Taylor.

I love you all!

Chivay Corn Festival.

  The circus came to town!!

  Hey…look what I found.

 
Jalapeños…yum!
  Anniversary of Chivay!
 
The way the men in Chivay celebrate….yikes.
  Hermana Julia`s baptism.
  Mandarins…reminding me of Loomis.
 
That`s a good companionship right there. Teaching her my ways. #snapbackswag

  Llama friend.
  Cutest outfit yet. Nailed it Carls.
 
Cute little Peruvian ladies. Love them!

  We almost won the alpaca weaving competition.
 
Parade of Peruvians.


  Look who came to visit for the anniversary. Nailed it!
Happy Anniversary Caylloma!

No comments:

Post a Comment