Monday, January 20, 2014

3 things..

I am absolutely certain of three things today.

1.  Everyone eventually comes to a point on their mission where they realize their purpose, why they are serving, and what they are becoming…and have no desire to come home whatsoever.

2.  The companion you have is what makes all the difference.

3.  Serving a mission is the best decision that anyone can ever make in their life.

First, I am here to tell you all and I want to shout from the rooftop of every house in the entire country of Peru, how much I love being a missionary. I feel like I could do this for the rest of my life. I have come to the point that being a missionary is who I am.  It is what I do.  It is what I think, dream, and believe.  I sometimes read my journals from the beginning of my mission just to laugh.  I can hardly believe the blessings that I have seen here on my mission, and I do not doubt for one minute that my heavenly Father has been with me for every step of the way.

Secondly, I absolutely LOVE my new companion. I am completely positive that she is an answer to my prayers. I have never prayed so much, and so hard, and seen so quickly an answer that I am absolutely certain is from heaven.  Sister Avila is a gem.  We just laugh, and teach, and talk and cry and laugh and talk and I am the happiest that I have been on my mission.

And thirdly, I love this work.  I love my Heavenly Father.  I love miracles.  I love my investigators.  I love the members of my ward, and I love the fact that I am filled to the brim with love and the charity I have been praying for.  I know that a mission is the best decision I have ever made in my life.  I would not trade my mission for anything in the world.  My mission means everything to me, and I know with all my heart that this is the church of Jesus Christ, that is the center of all we do, and all we believe.

I love you all!

P.s. I'm in Arequipa right now for our leadership conference.  I forgot to mention that before, but here I am just hanging out in President Zobrist's office. Haha.









No comments:

Post a Comment