Monday, May 20, 2013

Well...this week was tough. But...I could say that about every week so it wasn't much different than what I have already experienced. :)

First off...SHOUT OUT TO KATE!!!! I cried when I read she's off to Nashville TN!!! She is going to be such a rock-star. I have no doubt!

Next, Happy birthday to Colton!! I can't believe that tomorrow he will be 12!  Wow. Passing the sacrament next Sunday...what I would give to be there to see that! Ha.

So on Monday night we went and had FHE with my favorite family in the ward. She is the Young Woman's President,she is from Columbia and 21 years old.  Her husband who met her on his mission, is the Elders Quorum President and he is 23. Crazy young right? They are so awesome. After the lesson they made us a smoothie...
Let me tell you what I THINK was in the smoothie...
Onions,
Carrots,
Mangoes,
Hot Water,
Banana,
Milk.

I almost threw up. It was so disgusting. Ha. Also...I think I have a parasite....which is fine because of my chocolate addiction. I was feeling sick on Thursday so the white elders in my zone gave me a blessing. In the blessing my zone leader said, "As you strictly follow the Word of Wisdom you will have good health". That's when I decided that 27 candy bars in 6 days was too many. I'm on a chocolate fast right now. I'm dying. Hahaha Who knew I liked chocolate so much!

I got another blessing this week from the Patriarch. He felt that I needed a blessing to receive the gift of tongues....and YES I DO. The Spanish is tough. What a tender mercy that I live with the Patriarch huh? I count that as a huge blessing everyday.

We have this one investigator named Ramiro who reminds me SO much of Kristian...He looks like him, dresses like him, and acts like him. He is 17, and he is awesome. We asked him to pray after a lesson last week and he whispered this super short prayer...and then said Amen really loud so we knew he was done. I told him "If I can pray in Spanish...YOU can pray in Spanish!" At least that's what I tried to say...Haha.
On Saturday we were fasting for him to get baptized this week, and on Saturday night we went to visit, and he wasn't home but his Aunt said that they were praying over lunch earlier that week and he asked if he could pray! WOO! Fasting brings miracles...especially if you had been there for the first prayer.
This weekend we had a ward activity. It was SO HILARIOUS! I wish I could have taken pictures and videos of the whole thing. I ate a small dinner expecting food....BUT...for food we had one bag of this little Peruvian hard candies. HAHA. The whole activity was like a combined mutual activity...without food. My companion sweet  Hermana Chavez gave a small spiritual thought about the priesthood, and I said the prayer (in Spanish...thanks for asking, it went horribly. hahaha) and then they played games the whole time. They had a race where you jump in the bags... (...what is that called?) and kids (and adults) were falling on their faces like nobody's business. I haven't laughed as hard as I did that night in 2 months. It was hysterical! We also listened to Katy Perry at the activity...(The bishop was in charge of music. HA!) I love our ward. They are so awesome! Also....I'm the new ward pianist...apparently...that's what my companion told me yesterday. I sat down to play for a little bit before church because we were there early, and next thing I know the bishop comes up and thanks me for being the ward pianist. Haha.

Also...lastly. We went to visit a recent convert for her birthday and she gave us cake...and it was the best cake I have ever had in my life. No sarcasm. It was INCREDIBLE! I almost cried when I ate it. I cry about everything now. Haha. Also...the lady asked if I liked Peru and I told her I do, and then she asked if I wanted to marry a Peruvian...but I didn't understand her so I said yes. And then my companion looks over and asked me who...so that was awkward cause now she thinks I'm secretly in love with someone in our zone and won't tell her who. Ha
Anyway...I love you all and miss you all so much! Can you believe this week is 2 months?! I can. Haha. Time is starting to speed up...and I think I am starting to understand the work better.

The picture I sent you is one of me on our street outside our...house.  I gotta love it.
I love the people of Peru so much...and I am learning so much!
Don't forget about me!
Hermana Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment