Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hola familia!!
 HOLY GUACAMOLE!! This week has been SO nuts. As I'm sure you saw from my first letter to you guys, I'm a bit overwhelmed. Ha. Everyone says a mission is hard, but you have no idea what that means until you get here. This place is so insane.
So far, things have been getting better as the days go on. By Thursday (so...day 2) my district had seen my cry more than most of my friends have. Haha. My branch president met with us Thursday night to introduce himself to us, and when he said he was from Modesto I broke down in tears...so that was fun for everyone. Then he asked if I was related to O. Leslie Stone...and I broke down then too. A guy from our stake that went to mission prep with me walked by my classroom, and waved...and I cried again. Needless to say...it was a rough first couple days. Haha

Sheri Dew came and spoke on Sunday night at our Easter devotional, and it was INCREDIBLE! The spirit is so strong here all the time, so it's hard to realize when the spirit is communicating with you, and recognize it, because you're pretty much always feeling it. And it's amazing. I've come to truly LOVE the Book of Mormon this last week...mostly because I can read it in English. Espanol es NO BUENO. A few days ago my companions and I...which...by the way. I love them both. I have two companions! Both are from Arizona. Hermana Shoppmann is hilarious. She lives an hour and a half from anyone or anything in the middle of the desert, and was home schooled her whole life. She's the most awkward, hilarious, sweetest girl ever. I love her to death. Hermana Kahle is from Gilbert and we are super similar so we get along really well. She laughs at all my jokes so I love that about her. Haha.
Anyway...We were teaching a lesson yesterday to an investigator named Ivan...we were teaching him about the plan of salvation, and TRYING to explain the three degrees of glory (in Spanish). He looked at me and asked if there was three degrees of glory in hell...OF COURSE I didn't understand him so I just said, "Si"...my companion looked at me and started busting up laughing and was like..."No there's not! How are you going to explain that?" And I said..."Wait...what did he even say?" When she told me I turned bright red and tried to fix my mistake...but obviously he didn't understand what I was trying to say, so we told him we would explain next time we came. Haha. Hopefully he doesn't remember when we go back tomorrow. He's committed to baptism on SATURDAY though. So...even if our Spanish wasn't good, the spirit was strong, and he felt that what we were teaching him was good.

Last night in devotional we had a member of the Seventy come, and he talked about Enduring the End...even though there were 3000 missionaries there...I swear he was looking at me the whole time...and it was really stressing me out. Haha. I sang in the choir, which was so much fun. Luckily Hermana Kahle likes to sing, so she came with me and that was really awesome. I have a million things to say, but I'm completely forgetting all the stuff that happened this week.

Wednesday through Sunday were the SLOWEST few days of my life. It was rough for sure, but thank you to the GALLACHERS for their wonderful package...I loved it! And thanks to everyone who has written me. It has made me so happy! The first day I got like...4 letters and when my district leader came in with the mail he was like..."Wow Hermana Stone. You got a ton of mail" AND...most of my district hated me cause I was the only one who got letters. Haha...SO KEEP THEM COMING! I'm trying to figure out how to attach pictures, but for some reason my camera isn't working which is such a bummer, but someone just came up and explained what I need to do to fix it, so I'll try that next week if I can't do it today.

This morning for our P-day we got to go to the temple. My companions and I did inititories which was awesome, and then went and sat in the Celestial room for a little while. It was so peaceful because no one was in there and we got to just sit and think and ponder. I prayed that Grandpa would be there, and he was definitely was in the Celestial room with me this morning...it was a really special experience. It's crazy how much you pray here. I feel like I'm silently praying to myself every five minutes for even the smallest things.
OH MARCUS! This morning on my way to the temple I saw your car and yelled to my companions and said..."THAT'S MY CAR!!" So...could you come find me and say hi some time? Haha. I was going to take a picture, but we were late...so I decided to do it on the way home...except it was gone, so that was a bummer. But that was a little tender mercy and fun memory of home for me. And on Thursday I was in a meeting and these Elders behind me were talking in the most RIDICULOUS Scottish accents I have ever heard so I turned around and asked where they were going and they all yelled "SCOTLAND!" I had a heart attack, turned my chair around and had a nice heart to heart with them about how much Clark loved his mission...then the meeting started and guess who gave the prayed? An Elder named Elder BOYCE. It was hilarious...but not really because I started crying...but my companions thought it was funny. Is it evident that I miss home a little bit? Everyone I've talked to told me that it doesn't really fade, but you just start working so hard that you forget about how much you loved everything at home, and start focusing more on others, and on the work, which is my goal! Even though this is the hardest thing I've ever done, I know it is going to be SO good for me. I can't even believe it. I'm going to learn so much! Emotional roller coaster is an understatement. I usually don't cry too much...but I have been SUCH a disaster. My companions are constantly asking if I'm okay cause I cry so much. Don't know where I got that trait from cause nobody else in our family cries....HA! I love you ALL so much. WRITE ME LETTERS...cause they make me cry, and obviously I enjoy that.

Thanks to Chandler, Mom, Dad, Megan Brink, Cam, Caitlin, Kate and Maddie for writing me! You guys are such angels! Anyone can email me, and my address is:


Hermana Carli Stone
 MTC mailbox #267 
PER-ARE 0508 
2005 N. 900 E. 
Provo, UT 84604 

 Xoxo -Hermana Stone 

My district



No comments:

Post a Comment